We are maintaining a list of community resources for those who have run into financial trouble during the COVID-19 outbreak. This site will continue to be updated, so please check back, and let others in need know about it.
- Winston Salem Parks and Recreations offering meals to those 18 and under on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 5:00-7:00pm. https://www.cityofws.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=264
- United Way COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund. To make donations and request assistance: https://www.unitedway.org/recovery/covid19
- Harris Teeter is offering Senior Citizens Only Express Lane ordering with discounts and no fee: https://www.harristeeter.com/harris-teeter-response-to-covid-19
- Crisis Control Ministry is open from 9:00am to 12:00pm for short term assistance with rent and utilities, food, in both Kernersville and Winston-Salem. https://www.crisiscontrol.org/covid-19.html
- Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools are offering free student breakfast and lunch at the following locations (adults can get breakfast for $1, lunch for $2): https://www.wsfcs.k12.nc.us/covid19